Building a Stronger Ballard Community Through Membership
Your membership in the Ballard Chamber of Commerce provides an opportunity to promote your business or organization, keep informed about important events and issues, participate in B2B networking events and engage on broader community issues and initiatives.
As of January 1st, 2017, the Ballard Chamber of Commerce becomes the Ballard Alliance. The Ballard Alliance will offer the same great membership benefits as the Chamber, as well as, administer the projects within the Ballard Improvement Area (BIA). For those interested in joining and are located within the BIA boundary (see map), you are automatically a member. If your business is outside the BIA boundary, we would love to have you as a member of our organization.
Interested in Joining? Click here.
To join the Ballard Chamber of Commerce, please click the link above and provide your details. Members will now be invoiced for dues at the beginning of each calendar year. Please contact Anndrea Dohring if you have questions regarding membership and programs. If you have additional questions, please feel free to e-mail Executive Director Mike Stewart or contact the Chamber office at 206-784-9705.
For more specific benefit information, scroll down or click for details about promotion, relationship building and advocacy.
Promote Your Business
The Ballard Chamber offers many opportunities for your business or organization to get noticed. Here are just a few:
- Your logo and a link to your website listed on the Chamber’s website and online directory.
- Your business listed in the Ballard Business Directory, including a special Ballard Chamber designation (12,000 copies distributed throughout the community).
- Business referrals through Chamber office and other Chamber members.
- Sponsorship and promotional opportunities at special Chamber-produced events.
- Promote your marketing materials at Chamber events.
- Tourism promotional opportunities.
- Monthly “Featured Member” on the Chamber website homepage (Patron level members).
Build Relationships and Spread the Word
The Ballard Chamber offers regular opportunities to share information about your business or organization and promote special events and service offerings. For many, the ability to network with other businesses is a critical membership component. The Ballard Chamber offers opportunities to engage with Chamber members, area businesses and the broader Ballard and Seattle community.
As a Chamber member you may:
- Submit feature articles, event or other promotional information for publication in the Chamber’s E-newsletter
- List upcoming events on the Chamber website
- Make announcements at Chamber Luncheons
- Build relationships by networking with businesses, community groups and organizations at Chamber Luncheons, Chamber After Hours and other events
- Host or sponsor a Chamber After Hours or other special networking event
- Network with business and community leaders at special events with other Chambers and business organizations
- Build and expand your B2B network with other Chamber members
- Qualify for reduced cost health care insurance and dental coverage
Community Engagement and Advocacy
The Ballard Chamber exists to support local businesses and the broader community. As such, Chamber members are encouraged to get involved and join any of our working committees. This is a great way for your business or organization to engage and enhance your presence within the Ballard community.
The Chamber is also highly engaged with civic issues, especially as they relate to our Ballard community and affect the way we do business. The Chamber offers opportunities through its own events – and partner events with other Chambers and organizations – to participate in interesting and informative panel discussions, key note speeches and political candidate forums.
The Ballard Chamber is actively working to build a broader Chamber coalition that will become a strong voice and advocate for Ballard interests at City Hall. In 2013, the Chamber has been instrumental in creating the Ballard Partnership for Smart Growth. The Partnership represents more than 50 Ballard business and community leaders who will work this year to create a Commercial Revitalization plan for Ballard. Read more about the Partnership here.
Through our partnership with the Seattle Office of Economic Development’s Business Retention and Expansion Program, the Ballard Chamber of Commerce is pleased to provide a number of benefits to help businesses grow and compete.
Business Loan Options
Businesses can access equity and debt financing products, available through non-traditional and non-profit lending institutions that meet their specific financial needs.
Businesses that are experience difficulty getting assistance from City of Seattle departments, can contact the Ballard Chamber of Commerce to work with advocates in the Office of Economic Development and other city departments to resolve issues.
No-Cost Business Consulting
Businesses can receive free one-on-one business consulting services to enhance their daily operations. Consulting topics include business planning, strategic planning, marketing strategies, customer loyalty programs, cash flow, inventory cycle, budgeting, and much more.
Restaurants and food business entrepreneurs can receive direct business support as they start and operate their businesses in Seattle. Services include a comprehensive, one-stop, online guide to help navigate city, county, and state permitting and licensing information.
Businesses can get help identifying potential employees to fill open positions in their establishments.
Businesses can get help to reduce their utility bills through free audits that identify potential energy, water, and waste reductions savings. There is also a free green business program that helps businesses address and reduce environmental impacts and showcase their efforts to the community.
Construction Impact Assistance
Businesses can request assistance to reduce the impacts of construction projects.